When Lila Rose went undercover at Planned Parenthood in Bloomington, she posed as a 13-year-old girl impregnated by a 31-year-old man. In the video, the nurse acknowledges that she is required by law to report the abuse to Child Protective Services, but assures Rose that she won’t. She then coaches Rose on how to circumvent parental notification laws by going out of state for the abortion, and tells her to lie about her boyfriend’s age. The Planned Parenthood employee was suspended and then fired. Following the release of the video, Indiana Attorney General Steve Carter opened an investigation into Planned Parenthood.
FOR MEDIA / TO DISTRIBUTE: Download Video as DV Quality WMV File (right click and save)
Live Action gives you permission to broadcast this video with attribute to “LiveAction.org”.
FULL CLINIC VISIT FOOTAGE
Download MOV Video Files (right click and save)
RECORD DATE: June 24th, 2008
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Indiana
Bloomington Health Center
421 South College Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 47403
- Indiana Code 31-33-5. Duty to Report Child Abuse or Neglect
- IC 31-33-22-1 is the statute that makes it a Class B misdemeanor to fail to report suspected abuse
- IC 31-9-2-133 defines a child “victim of child abuse or neglect” required to be reported by IC 31-33-5 as a “child in need of services” as described in IC 31-34-1-3
- IC 31-34-1-3 says a child is a “child in need of services” if the child is a victim of a sex offense under IC 35-42-4-3
- IC 35-42-1-3 makes sex with a minor younger than 14 a felony and classifies it as “child molesting